Monday, May 11, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

As cliche' as it may be to apologize for a blogging absence, I'm doing it. Emilee (my 17 year-old baby girl) is to receive the credit for pulling me out of the depths of "blog-neglect"! I guess I figured that I'd been away for so long that I couldn't possibly come up with any worthy excuse for not posting new material...so I'm not even going to try! I WILL tell you we've been busy...we've:

1. Entered the season of BBQ competitions (you'll be hearing a LOT about that)

2. Had quite a bit of company recently

3. Experienced some sadness/grief due to the loss of a family member on either side, as well as a family friend

4. Started planning the garden

And 5. Of course I've been doing my "Walgreen's Thing".

This week I plan on blogging about the Caveman Cuisine competition BBQ team that we're on with my brother, Chad and his wife, Nicki....as well as post a schedule of our upcoming competitions- so if any of you are in the area and would like to come chill and experience for yourself the wonders of the grillmaster, you can! You may think I'm biased, but the numbers speak for themselves- this is the BEST BBQ you'll ever taste!

I'll give an update on what I see as the best bargains around town to help your pantry grow...

And hopefully I'll have my garden planted, weather permitting, and post some pics of the great things happening in my yard. Flowers are blooming all over the place and the lilys are looking spectacular!

As always, if there is anything I can help you with while you're planning your shopping trips- leave your question as a comment and I'll do everything I can to address your request!

I promise to be back soon...

2 comments:

emilee ellen said...

About time:)

Nicole said...

Glad to see you're back to blogging again!