Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday trip to Walgreen's

Funny how a sale on peanut butter and spaghetti sauce can work me up into a little "tizzy"! Normally I don't start shopping from the new Walgreen's ad until Monday, but I was afraid if I didn't get there today the shelves would be empty. Once I arrived and began pushing my little buggy around the store, I quickly realized my fears were real! I'm guessing some of my fellow Savvy Shoppers made it to the store before I did!

There are several other items I'll be working on over the next several days, but for now I'm perfectly content to have brought home what I did today.

What a great week for Register Rewards!

The breakdown of today's shopping is as follows:

$183.60- Value of all items, based on sale prices
$15.20- Amount of $$ I spent out of pocket
$36.00- Amount of Register Rewards I earned and have left to use on future purchases
92% savings

And here's what I brought home:

Only 7 of these 12-packs were purchased today



2 bags Mauna Loa Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
10 jars of Skippy peanut butter
7 12-packs of Pepsi products
4 jars of Ragu spaghetti sauce
2 bags of Doritos
2 bags of Tostitos
4 jars of Tostitos Queso
8 double-packs of low-dose Bayer aspirin
2 boxes of Soothe eye drops
4 boxes of Alka-Seltzer cold meds (various types)
2 Oral-B toothbrushes (rain check)
1 Vicks "plug-in" 8-hour vaporizer
1 Vicks box vaporizer refill pads
1 package Garnier make-up removal/cleansing face wipes
3 packages Walgreen's make-up removal/cleansing face wipes

A closer look...

Here's hoping your shopping this week is wonderful! Be sure to post your great "finds"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK--I really thought going Monday afternoon would be soon enough--is Carthage out of the ragu and skippy?! I just convinced my husband we can go buy 2 extra papers because of those and the nyquil.......really need 2 more coupons for all 3 of those!!

Jodie said...

Sarah...I just emailed you, so check your inbox! I have extras of all of those coupons that you're welcome to have.