Friday, January 16, 2009

Walgreen's Ad- January 18 - 24th (My thoughts)

Here's a list of the items I have my eye on for this upcoming week's sales at Walgreen's! It's hard to tell how everything will play out to the penny until I get to the store and actually "get my hands dirty", but at least you'll know the highlights and can start formulating YOUR plan for next week! Here goes...

Bayer Aspirin- $2.50 ea (and these are double (or twin) packs)
Buy 8- $20.00. Use 8 $1.00 coupons (found in 1/4 newspaper inserts)- $12.00
Receive $10.00 Register Reward at the end of the transaction.
So, it'll be like spending $2.00 for 8 double boxes of aspirin when it's all said & done!


Tylenol Allergy, Cold or Sinus- 2/$10.00
(This scenario is only valid if I'm correct in my thinking that the Children's variety is included in the sale....if it's not, then we'll scrap this idea....)
Use the coupon from the Children's Activity Booklet which will take off $2.00, bringing the total to 2/$8
Use 2 $2 manufacturer's coupons- subtracting $4- new total is 2/$6.
Receive a $3 Register Reward, making the total 2/$3


Maybelline cosmetics will be BOGOFree (be sure to use your coupons- I think there may be new ones in Sunday's papers...and look at the clearance section! I'm seeing some more free make-up in my future!)


Kleenex- .99 cents (with ad coupon) I know we have coupons for Kleenex- but I gave all of mine to my sister-in-law, so I don't remember the value!


Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars- 2/$5...but I believe we'll be getting some $1/2 coupons this Sunday, which will make these $2 per box. I still prefer FREE, but if you need 'em....


This one's exciting to me....
Skippy Peanut Butter and/or Ragu Spaghetti Sauce- $1.99 each BUT! if you buy 8, you receive a $10 Register Reward, so....


Skippy x 8 - $15.92
Use 8 .40 cent Skippy coupons, subtracting $3.20
New total- $12.72
Receive $10 RR
Pay $2.72 for 8 jars of peanut butter! I've NEVER seen peanut butter THAT cheap! Stock up! That's .34 cents each!


Ragu x 9 - $17.91
Use 3 $1/3 coupons, subtracting $3.00
New total - $14.91
Receive $10 Register Reward
Pay $4.91 for 9 jars of Ragu!
.54 cents each for Ragu?


Biore' Skin Care products- BOGO 50% off


Kotex products- 2/$6
Use 2 $1 coupons- 2/$4
Receive $1 Register Reward, new total 2/$3


Downey- $3.99
There WERE some coupons for $1 off Downey, but I used all mine (sniffle, sob)
Which would make Downey $2.99 this week.
To me, this is a great price as I've tried being thrifty on fabric softener and found it's just not worth it to buy the cheap stuff. This is one thing I'll spend the money on with or without a coupon...and a bold statement like that is RARE for me these days!!


Dixie Paper Plates/Bowls- $1.99
I KNOW I have coupons for these, but for the life of me I can't find them. Unless Ralph (bad kitty!) ate them, they'll turn up, but until then I can't tell you how cheap these will be...


Folger's coffee- $2.99 Use .50 cent coupons- $2.49 for 11.3 oz.


Ziploc bags- 2/$5...I have coupons for $1 off, use 2- final price- 2/$3


Campbell's Chunky Soup- 2/$3 (in-ad coupon)
Healthy Choice Soup- 3/$5
(I'd be interested to know what scenarios you come up with for these soup sales... there are so many soup coupons out right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out which to use!!)


Dawn dish liquid- .99 cents (with ad-coupon). If you still have any of the .50 cent coupons that came out a few weeks ago, these will be .49 cents each.


Doritos/Tostitos/Tostitos Queso Dip- 2/$5 (No coupons as far as I know... keeping my fingers crossed for some this weekend....)


Robitussin- $3.99 I think there will still be overlapping register reward deals on the Robi this week. Earn a $5 RR when you spend $10; Earn a $10 RR when you spend $20...so the potential for $15 RR exists if you buy 6 Robitussin and THEN use your coupons. Lucky you if you still have the $3 coupon that hasn't expired.


Huggie's diapers: $9.99 for jumbo package
Use $1 coupon in activity booklet
Use $1.50 manufacturer's coupon
New total- $7.49
Receive $1 Register Reward
$6.49- jumbo pack
(Note: I emailed the Kimberly-Clark corporation and requested some coupons, and they emailed me some $3.00 printables. If you can do this, the packages should come to $4.99 per package.)


Let me know if you have any great deals planned that I've overlooked! I'd love to know what you're scenarios are for this week!

No comments: