Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sparkling bathrooms galore!

If there's one thing I can say about learning how to "hardcore coupon", it's that there should never be any reason or excuse to have a dirty bathroom for as long as I live! The SC Johnson company has been oh-so-generous with their coupons as of late, and yesterday I decided to take advantage of said coupons and match them with the coordinating sales at Walgreen's. Here's what I brought home:


I separated this out into 4 transactions at the register and the totals look like this:

Total spent out of pocket: $7.50 (pd. w/ gift card from December Easy Saver Rebate)
Total Register Rewards Earned: $20.00
Total earned toward January Easy Saver Rebate: $10.00
Total Savings: $114.01
Total applied to "W" Card: $2.40

So when all is said and done, I still have a $10 Register Reward (from Pepsi) in my wallet, have the $2.40 to use on future transactions, and will have $10 coming back to me at the end of the month in rebates! The $7.50 out-of-pocket was taken from my gift card- so NO CASH was used! I like shopping trips like this! Here's the merchandise list:

7 12-packs of Pepsi Products
2 4-packs Walgreen's light bulbs
4 Revlon Shiny Shimmer Lip Gloss (for V-Day bags)
2 Revlon Cuticle Trimmers (for V-Day bags)
4 Colgate Toothpaste (for V-Day bags)
2 Wal-Born
2 Walgreen's version of Mucinex
1 bottle of Walgreen's Nighttime Cough/Cold
2 Dark & Lovely Hair Color (for V-Day bags)
2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners w/bleach
2 Tubs of Lysol Wipes
2 cans of Scrubbing Bubbles
4 bottles of Fantastik
2 Glade Freshening Sprays

The Pepsi products are $3 per 12-pack this week. The advertised sale is: buy 5 @ $3 ($15), get a $5 register reward, so final result is 5/$10. If you buy 7 instead of 5 to bump your total up to at least $20, you get a $10 register reward. Throw in 7 $1 off coupons, you end up with 94 cans of pop for around $4! I plan on doing this again (at least a couple of times!) before the sale ends- IF there is enough stock in which to choose from. The bad thing is, I don't even drink any of the varieties I brought home...but they'll be great for BJ's lunchbox or for when we have company.

Today's plan: Another Walgreen's trip- even though I have sworn I'd never step foot in the Webb City, Mo store again....today I must. I'm returning some make-up that didn't ring up correctly last week. So I might as well grab a bargain or two while I'm in there, right? After that, I'm off to Dillon's grocery to see what kind of damage I can do with their 10/$10 sale!

I would love to hear what you're shopping for this week! Please share your great bargains by leaving a comment on this post.



No comments: